St. Rose Scrip Program - How does it work?
St. Rose participates in a SCRIP fundraising program to help raise additional money for our school. Each family is required to purchase a minimum of $4,000.00 retail scrip each program year (May 1-April 30). School families may elect to forego the purchase of Scrip and pay a Scrip fee of $500.00 which is donated to the Scrip program.
Scrip generates over $40,000 each year in profit! Here's how:
- SCRIP is a gift certificate used instead of cash or check to purchase merchandise at most grocery stores, restaurants, specialty shops, gasoline stations, home improvement and department stores and to pay on charge accounts at certain department stores.
- The stores sell the Scrip to the school at a discount. By selling it to you at face value, SCRIP costs you no additional money yet the school makes on average $2-10 on every $100 you purchase.
Every year the SCRIP programs provide the school with additional funds that are used in a variety of ways to enrich the educational experience of our students. SCRIP Programs are easy to participate in, raise much-needed monies for the school, and are not an additional expense for the participants.
How do I purchase Scrip?
Purchasing On-Hand Inventory:
- A limited number of SCRIP cards are on hand to purchase through the Office, the School Loop or Sundays after Mass. Check or Cash only. (If paying with cash, please provide the exact amount.)
- Office - Monday - Friday 7:30 am -3:45 pm
- Through your student - complete an On-Hand Inventory Order Form (including payment). Send with your student in the morning. Scrip cards will be sent home at the end of the day.
- Afternoon School Loop - Monday – Friday 2:40 – 3:20pm
- Sunday Mass - After the 9 am and 10:30 am Masses
For Scrip Card Purchases NOT available in our On-Hand Inventory:
Scrip Cards are like cash….Handle with care!